Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boston Bootcamp - Part Two



Did I mention we had a lovely dinner with my nephew, Jared Hansen, wife Marjorie, and Jake, Will, and Lizzy ? Did I mention that when you open their front door you are faced with a flight of stairs? Oldest daughter Bree, was at the Pioneer Trek. Will became our cherub as he lay naked, gleaming white, in the hammock under the green trees in the forest behind their house. You have competition, Edward! Onto the 4th of July! Matt, Becky, Shirley and Woody Arnell and I attended church at the beautiful, newly completed Cambridge chapel. It has three levels of underground parking!! It was the first Sunday meeting held there. Did I mention Becky and Matt teach Primary? Do I need to? Afterwards, we went to the Charles River and hunted down Woody and Shirley. Then together we began the hunt for Jared and Marjorie's friends who were saving a spot for us all. Miraculously we found them. A big hint was Moroni's Banner of Liberty flying from their tent. They were wonderful and supplied us with good food and fascinating conversation. Soon the Hansen's joined us and we were treated to fabulous fireworks accompanied by the Boston Pops right in the same town where America's fight for freedom began. Can life get any better than this? Did I mention the heat wave is still in progress?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your trip was awesome. Our Heidi lived in Delaware for several years and I have sworn to never go back east in the summer. Humidity plus heat sucks!

    ReplyDelete